Do you have a lousy attitude and / or are generally unreliable...?
...then please see our competition’s website. On the other hand, if you’re the responsible type who’s looking to line your pocket with a little loot, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at Zorba’s, we’re a family-owned business, and we treat each employee like family. (Provided they're not that relative that drives everyone nuts.)
Your responsibilities will generally include showing up on time, making sure the customers are happy, and getting along with everyone else. We won’t ask you to pick up our dry cleaning or make you sign a non-disclosure agreement. We will however bend over backwards to try and make your shifts work around whatever else you've got going on in your life and make you reasonably happy for the time you spend with us. We might ask you to clean a thing or two, but most of the nasty gunk is gone.
So come on by and see why so many employees have worked at Zorba’s for over a decade. Hard to believe, right? But we pay our bills on time, feed our employees well and treat each other with respect and a healthy dose of humor. So if you’re truly a people person, never stopped playing restaurant, or just need that loot, drop us a note or stop in and say hello.
Chef Zorba's is a successful neighborhood Greek diner that has been serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in Denver's Congress Park since the 1970's. Our many regular customers have come to know us as a neighborhood staple with great food at reasonable prices. We are hiring a Restaurant Manager to lead the staff and help optimize the operational aspects of our high-volume restaurant.
We specifically need help:
- Making our guests feel welcome and are making sure they are provided with friendly, efficient service.
- Overseeing our talented and committed staff by training, scheduling, and coaching them to put forth their best performance.
- Interviewing, hiring, training, reviewing, evaluating, and when necessary, terminating staff. Providing fair and consistent support, training, policies, rules and procedures.
- Monitoring financial performance, specifically sales, COGS, labor, sales exceptions, cash management, etc.
- Overseeing ordering and inventory of non-food supplies and equipment, specifically liquor, beverages, paper products, linens, etc.
- Ensuring that the restaurant and equipment are kept clean, sanitary and in excellent working condition through regular inspection and overseeing a scheduled maintenance program.
- Working with our Kitchen Manager to ensure that menu items are consistently prepared and served with high food standards.
- Developing an engaging culture and rewarding work environment for all employees.
Send us your resume if you:
- Have three or more years of restaurant management experience.
- Have an understanding of basic computer programs, operating a POS system and are good at math.
- Consider yourself a good coach and communicator and are professional, warm, committed and patient.
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and flex time
- Free shift meals and discounted dining
- Health insurance subsidy